1. Upgrading Existing Green Building Certification Level
Waskita Building has received an Existing Green Building certificate with GOLD title. Further recertification process has been set to upgrade the title to PLATINUM by renovating the Waskita Building in 2019 to obtain efficiency in electricity and water use.
2. Create Guidelines of Green Building
PT. Waskita Karya (Persero) Tbk has implemented an integrated management system (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 & ISO 45001:2015). By applying important points in greenship rating tools, related with OHS and environmental aspects, in the Work Implementation Guidelines about Green Construction, the implementation of ISO 14001 (SML) and ISO 45001 (SMK3) is expected to be easier in the project’s execution.
3. Issuing Circular Letter Regarding Green Building From The BoD
PT. Waskita Karya (Persero) Tbk Board of Directors’ has committed to implement the terms of greenship rating tools by issuing circular letter that must be obeyed by all employees inside the Waskita Building, including:
- Prohibit smoking in Waskita buildings and eliminate smoking areas in the parking mezzanine.
- Shut down the AC system after normal working hours. If there are any overtime employees, they must request an AC usage license so the building maintenance staff could turn on the AC from the control room.
- Add an additional duty to the security task force when conducting safety patrols to ensure that there are no lights on in empty rooms.
- Minimize the parking lot capacity in the buildings so employees are encouraged to use public transportation (such as TransJakarta, KRL, etc.), considering Waskita Building is close to the TransJakarta shelter and KRL stations.
- Changing mechanical & electrical equipment and facade materials on new building renovations to obtain electricity and water efficiency (ex. Use LED lights, Low-E facade glass, etc.)
4. Improving Employees Technical Competencies Related to Green Building
PT. Waskita Karya (Persero) Tbk Board of Directors’ through HCM Division consistently conduct activities that support the improvement of competencies related to green building:
- Send participants to the Greenship Associates and Greenship Professional training in order to raise the number of GA & GP as it can increase the consistency of green construction implementation.
- Participate in seminars or knowledge sharing conducted by GBCI.
5. Green Building Implementation for Investment Projects Construction
PT. Waskita Karya (Persero) Tbk Board of Directors’ has provided direction for investment building projects that are managed by its subsidiary, Waskita Karya Realty. The principles from greenship rating tools must be applied in the design making, proven in the development of:
- Dafam Teraskita Hotel, an investment in the hotel business, has earned New Green Building certificate with GOLD title.
- Waskita Rajawali Tower Building, an office for business units and several subsidiaries from PT. Waskita Karya (Persero) Tbk are now in the process of New Green Building certification.
6. Active Role in Building Projects Planned As Green Building
PT Waskita Karya (Persero) Tbk Board of Directors’ have committed to participate in giving inputs for project owners about the benefits and stages to earn New Green Building certificates by providing free technical assistance from Waskita’s Greenship Professionals to help project owners in taking necessary points from the greenship rating tools and preparing the documents needed. Projects undertaken by PT. Waskita Karya (Persero) Tbk that has been certified and in the process of getting one are:
- SOPODEL Office Building Project - Jakarta
- CiBIS 9 Building Project - Jakarta
- Minangkabau International Airport Project
- Istiqlal Mosque Renovation Project - Jakarta
- UIII Rectorate Building Project - Depok